We are looking for a Mobile Developer (Android) to join our team! The successful applicant will have expert analytical and programming skills, and expertise with native mobile app development on Android devices.
What you’ll get to do:
- Learn and adhere to the Agile methodology
- Work on each assigned project in close collaboration with the assigned project team; includes members from the Product, Architecture, Development, Database and QA teams.
- Design before implementing code; create prototypes, draw diagrams, analyze existing code, consult peers, research external sources.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure quality, standards compliance, re-usability and ease of maintenance
- Keep current with emerging technologies relating to software development.
Who you are:
- You have a University or college diploma in computer science, electrical/computer engineering or a related field
- You have over 3 years’ experience developing on the Android platform (Java or Kotlin)
- You have Experience working with 3rd party data sources and API’s
- You have RESTful web service integration experience
- You have experience developing multithreaded, networking, and database applications
- You have experience with Unit Testing
- You have ability to translate functional requirements into effective and intuitive mobile apps
- You must be able to demonstrate published apps from Google Play or other app stores that they have written, including for both phone and tablet apps
- You have an excellent communication and creative problem solving skills, and know the importance of giving updates to your stakeholders
- You have a passion to deliver great software with an ability to pay close attention to detail
- You are comfortable working on large scale, multi-component apps
- You must enjoy working in a fast paced and collaborative environment
- You have experience using GIT or a similar source control platform
- NDK, RxJava, Realm, Retrofit
- Knowledge of Google Architecture Components
- Experience/knowledge of mobile architectures (MVP, MVVM, VIPER/Clean architecture, etc)
- Experience with syncing in mobile apps
- Experienced working with Agile/Scrum development process and tools
- Experience with JIRA, Azure DevOps, Google Play, and analytics/crashlytics platforms such as Google Analytics/Crashlytics.
- Understanding of Android Jetpack components such as Data Binding, LiveData, Lifecycles, etc.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to work in a stable and exciting work environment with growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Medical and dental benefits without a waiting period
- Three (3) weeks paid vacation
- Location! We are in Don Mills with free parking, close to the 401 and DVP, with bike racks, and a TTC stop outside our office
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- A culture that encourages volunteering, giving back, team activities, and teamwork
- Free coffee, David’s Tea, filtered water, and soft drinks
- An open concept, bright office with access to Wilket Creek and Sunnybrook Park