We are looking for a Software Developer (.NET - Core/Middle Tier - ACI) to join our team! Currently we will be onboarding remotely, and as of now we intend to move into a hybrid work solution.
The successful applicant will have expert analytical and programming skills, and expertise with middle tier development and also be able to work under tight deadlines.
- Contribute to all Access Control Integration (ACI) projects.
- Learn and adopt SDK of different vendors to integrate with Angus family of products.
- Produce high-quality code; readable, modular, efficient, elegant, scalable and documented.
- Test code thoroughly prior to submitting builds to QA.
- Adhere to both SDLC and Agile practices.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure quality, standards compliance, re-usability and ease of maintenance.
- Work on each assigned project in close collaboration with the assigned project team; includes members from the Product, Architecture, Development, Database, DevOps and QA Groups.
- Participate in daily stand up meetings to communicate status and provide timely escalation of issues to ensure project objectives are met.
- Maintain a sense of urgency during project execution.
- Keep current with emerging technologies relating to software development.
- You have a University degree in computer science, computer or electrical engineering or a related field or the equivalent years of professional experience.
- You have min of 4 years of experience in back end development (C# and the .NET framework)
- You have solid experience applying SQL to real-world projects in developing all software tiers; presentation, business, data.
- You have worked in the following areas: integration, database development, writing unit tests, integration tests and designing principles and patterns in a full SDLC, and Agile environment.
- You have solid experience in using source control systems (SCM/Git) and deploying .Net Core to Linux and/or Windows and different cloud systems.
- You have excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- You’re able to clearly communicate ideas to others, can work autonomously as well as in a team environment.
- You’re passionate about building quality software systems and providing solutions to clients.
- C#, .NET Framework 4.5/4.7, .NET Core 3.x, NHibernate/Entity Framework, Microsoft Visual Studio, Web API, Autofac/other IOC, MS SQL Server, NServiceBus, NUnit, xUnit, SAML
- Microsoft Azure;
Nice to have:
- MCSD, Docker, Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS)
- An opportunity to work in a stable and exciting work environment with growth opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Medical and dental benefits without a waiting period
- Three (3) weeks paid vacation
- Location! We are in Don Mills with free parking, close to the 401 and DVP, with bike racks, and a TTC stop outside our office
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Various perks such, gym membership, fitbit for monthly team challenges, Perkopolis and socials for everyone from book club to sports
- A culture that encourages volunteering, giving back, team activities, and teamwork
- An open concept, bright office with access to Wilket Creek and Sunnybrook Park